Thursday, July 4, 2013

Oi! My name is Kelly.

Oi!

My name is Kelly.

I am a sophomore going into my middler year studying Civil/Environmental Engineering.

I have always been really interested in the environment and trying to have more sustainable practices. I want to be on this trip to learn about alternative energies in action and to immerse myself in Brazilian culture.

I hope to learn a moderate level of Portuguese, as well as about the workings and politics of renewable energy.

Since being in Brazil, I have found how Americans do everything backwards. From our sarcastic sense of humor to our social norms of interpersonal interactions to our vulgar street art. The rest of the world seems to know how to appreciate life. No wonder everyone hates Americans!

Here is one of my favorite street art murals in Villa Magdalena.

No comments:

Post a Comment