Thursday, July 4, 2013

Confession: I am a contributor to CO2 emissions.



My total estimated greenhouse gas emissions are 60 tons of CO2 /year.

My breakdown of energy usage is:

  • 55.1% Home Energy
  • 38.1% Driving & Flying
  • 5.8% Food & Diet
  • 1.0% Recycling & Waste

My total emissions were much higher than the average US citizen, with my emissions being 60 tons of CO2/year, whereas the average is 27 ton of CO2/year. My home and transportation percentages were much higher than the average, while my diet and waste percentages were lower.

My total emissions were 11x higher than the world average.

My total was high because I have done a lot of travelling in the past year between flights and commuting to my co-op for 6 months. My total was also high because I have been living at home, where I do not always have control of my house's energy use. I will reduce my emissions by using public transportation for future employment and be more efficient with my home energy usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment